Cape Voices: Demi Miskiv
CapeCod.com is proud to present Cape Voices.
Our goal with Cape Voices is to share different perspectives from people who live or work on the Cape.
Whether they be doctors, firefighters, teachers, cashiers, or lifeguards, we plan to share their stories with you.
with Demi Miskiv
6) How long have you been working as a lifeguard?
Eight years. (Demi works as a lifeguard for the Town of Barnstable. She was awarded the town’s top lifeguard award last year.)
5) What do you like most about it?
I enjoy the people I work with and I get to work with my dad Thomas Miskiv, brother Duke Miskiv, sisters Sam and Picabo Miskiv, who are also lifeguards. I am serving a purpose, protecting lives and I get to be outside.
4) What are the biggest challenges?
Enforcement of beach rules and dealing with unruly patrons.
3) What do you like most about living/working on Cape Cod?
Working and living next to the ocean and enjoying the natural surroundings.
2) What’s your favorite hobby?
Working out and playing field hockey.
1) What is something that people might not know about you?
I just graduated from Bridgewater State University and I plan to become a fire fighter.