A Cat You NEED to Hear

Cape Voices: Cat Wilson

CapeCod.com is proud to present Cape Voices.

Our goal with Cape Voices is to share different perspectives from people who live or work on the Cape.

Whether they be doctors, firefighters, teachers, cashiers, or lifeguards, we plan to share their stories with you.

CatWilsonThe Cape Countdown

with Cape Country 104 and Cheap Seat Host Cat Wilson

8. How long you have been in your current career?

I actually had my first taste of radio broadcasting at age 16… Tabor Academy had a small-watt campus radio station that was in desperate need of people to fill shifts.

7. What do you like most about it?

Music… Music… MUSIC!   I also like that there is still just a little magic left when you turn on the radio and hear your favorite song.

6. What are your biggest challenges?

Finding enough time to do everything I want to do

5. What do you like most about living/working on Cape Cod?

This is HOME to me. I grew up the Cape. Went to Barnstable until my junior year of High School then to Tabor Academy. I have been lucky enough to travel really LIVE in different states around the country: Wisconsin for my college years, San Francisco CA then Savannah GA then Olympia WA… This is home… The water is on the right side of the land and any time I am overwhelmed or just need to catch my breath I can hop in my car (or on my motorcycle) and be at the beach in just a few minutes.

4. When not on the air, what would people find you doing?

Spending time with my dogs…. Taking pictures… Riding my Harley… And I LOVE to cook! –I can destroy a kitchen in a matter of minutes, but it’s worth it!

3. Is there an interesting fact that no one knows about you?

I am incredibly shy. In a crowd of people or at a party, I am just as likely to fade into the wallpaper. It’s why I really fell in love with radio. I could have this outgoing alter-ego, but still have some privacy and some anonymity at the end of the day.

2.  What is your favorite quote?

“I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment. I did not want to surrender fierceness for a small gain in yardage.”    -John Steinbeck from “My Travels With Charley”  ~I actually got to travel about 2/3 of the same route John Steinbeck took while writing this book… Alone in a Jeep with my dog.

1. What’s your favorite town on Cape?

I am not sure that’s a fair question… I am a Mill-Billy, so that’s my stomping ground. I love people watching in Provincetown and I love the shops in Chatham… I love hoping a ferry and spending time on the Islands, too (when I can)

CapeCod.com
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy