Well, it is nearly upon us… Super Bowl 51. What a great game it will be, our hometown Patriots taking on the Atlanta Falcons. One of the best parts of the fun, are the fun “wagers”. Thanks to our friends at USA Today, here are some of the best…
1. The odds that a fan trolls Tom Brady by tossing a “slightly deflated football” on the field . . . 19-to-1. There are better odds that a fan tosses a flare on the field (15-to-1) . . . and much longer odds that a SEX TOY is tossed on the field (45-to-1).
2. Falcons coach Dan Quinn is bald, and the odds that he wears a HAIR-PIECE during the game are 50-to-1.
3. The odds of announcer Joe Buck being clean shaven for the Super Bowl broadcast . . . 10-to-1. Buck does have a penchant for rocking the stubble.
4. The odds the word ‘DeflateGate’ is NOT mentioned during the whole game by Buck, his partner Troy Aikman, OR the sideline reporters . . . 8-to-1. The NFL may not want a lot of talk about it, but it would be STUNNING if it wasn’t mentioned at least once.
5. Odds there is a halftime show wardrobe malfunction . . . 2-to-1. The odds are really short on this one. So, they must be defining ‘wardrobe malfunction’ broadly. Last week, we saw another prop bet that had the odds of a Lady Gaga wardrobe malfunction at 15-to-1.
6. The odds Gaga wears an outfit that Fox needs to blur for indecency . . . 3-to-2.
7. The odds someone catches on fire during the halftime show . . . 25-to-1.
8. The odds someone falls off the stage during the halftime show . . . 12-to-1.
9. The over-under on commercials that parody Donald Trump . . . 1.5.
10. The odds Patriots coach Bill Belichick hosts “Saturday Night Live” in the weeks following the Super Bowl . . . 5,000-to-1. This is VERY unlikely.
Enjoy and GO PATS!!!!!