Fire crews responded Sunday to Riverview Drive after a resident attempted to burn a small pile of brush, which quickly spread and threatened his home.
“The only time to do open burning is from Jan. 15 to May 1,” said Ambriscoe.
Ambriscoe said that another brush fire started Saturday night on Goose Pond Road, but a cause could not be determined.
Residents in the area of Goose Pond Road told fire crews that fireworks were heard in the area shorty before the fire started.
“With 4th of July coming quick, people do stupid things with fireworks,” the chief said.
Ambriscoe said his number one safety tip is “no fireworks.”
He described the current climate conditions as too dry, and brush, including pine needles, will catch fire and spread quickly.
“Bottom line, before lighting a fire, make sure how dry things are,” Ambriscoe said.