Hyannis Fire Crews Respond to Nursing Home

rescue fireHYANNIS – The Hyannis Fire Department responded to the Pavillon Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at 876 Falmouth Road Saturday night after a report of smoke.

Fire crews arrived just after 8:30 p.m. and determined the smoke was caused by a burnt out motor in an HVAC heating and cooling unit on the first floor in the rear of the building.

Fire crews from Yarmouth, Barnstable and Centerville-Osterville-Marstons Mills were called to assist in case of an evacuation.

Hyannis Fire Cap. Eric Farrenkopf said that the other crews were called because the call came from a nursing home and more hands would be needed if the patients had to be moved outside.

Advertisement

“It was more of a precaution than a necessity,” said Farrenkopf.