FALMOUTH – Falmouth fire crews responded to Kaleidoscope Toys on Main Street in Falmouth this morning after the store filled up with smoke.
Falmouth Fire Captain Michael White said a person walking by the store noticed smoke inside the store and notified the fire department just before 9 a.m.
Crews arrived to find the store filled with heavy smoke.
White said it took crews 15 to 20 minutes to find the source of the smoke.
A problem with the furnace is believed to be the cause after a mechanical failure of an overheated device.
Crews were on scene ventilating the store for about an hour and a half, according to White.
A Kaleidoscope Toys employee said the store will be closed at least until a cleaning crew is brought in to assess the damage and conditions.