Noone Injured in West Dennis Apartment Fire

fireWEST DENNIS – Sprinklers are credited with saving a condominium building in Dennis.

Firefighters responded to the West Dennis apartment complex after a fire broke out Sunday morning at about 11 a.m.

There were no injuries and the overall damage was minimal.

Fire officials say the blaze in a second floor unit at the South Cape Apartments on Main Street started as a result of unattended cooking.

Advertisement

The building’s overhead sprinkler system put out the fire before it could spread. There was some smoke and water damage to the unit.