SOUTH YARMOUTH – After a rain filled day one, the 36th annual Yarmouth Seaside Festival continues today at Laurence MacArthur Elementary School in South Yarmouth.
The weather forcast is much better today for residents and visitors to enjoy the festival which features many activities for the whole family.
The featured events today include the annual parade, which will celebrate the 375th anniversary of the town.
The parade will travel a 1.5 mile stretch of Route 28 starting at noon.
A fireworks display will close the night starting at 8 p.m. at Seagull Beach in West Yarmouth.
The festival will continue into Columbus Day tomorrow with a Sand Sculpture Contest from 9 a.m. to noon and the annual canoe/kayak race starting at 10 on the Bass River at Wilbur Park.
A list of today’s and tomorrow’s events:
Sunday, October 12th
- 10:00AM – 5:00PM – All Day Events
- 11:30AM, 1:00 PM, 3:30 PM – Toe Jam Puppet Band
- 12:00 PM – 36th Annual Seaside Parade
- 12:00pm – Back 9 – Band
- 12:00pm, 2:00pm, 4:00pm – Rainforest Shows
- 12:00pm, 2:30pm, 4:00 PM – Seaside Clown Shows
- 1:30pm – D-Y High School Marching Band
- 1:30pm – The Grab Brothers – Band
- 1:45pm – Trevor “The Games Man”
- 3:00 PM – K-9 DEMO
- 3:30pm – The MOJO Kings – Band
- 8:00 PM – Fireworks
Monday, October 13th
- 9:00 AM – Canoe/Kayak Race Registration
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Sand Sculpture Contest
- 10:00 AM – 36th Annual Canoe/Kayak Race