Malfunctioning heating system causes smoke condition in Bourne building

BOURNE – A malfuntioning heating system caused a smoke condition inside a large commercial building in Bourne Thursday morning.

Bourne firefighters responded to 1 Trowbridge Road just before 12 p.m.

Deputy Fire Chief Joe Carrara said that on arrival, a light smoke was detected on several floors. The building was evacuated and the heating system disabled.

There were no injuries.

The building contains several medical offices, including the Bourne Health Center.

More From