Bourne Police credit officer with saving man from CO poisoning

– Bourne Police report that early this morning, Officer Peter Blake was patrolling the Sagamore Beach area when he came across a vehicle with its doors open in the driveway of a residence. Finding this to be odd, Officer Blake proceeded to check it out. Unable to locate anyone near the vehicle, Officer Blake proceeded to the residence in an attempt to speak to the homeowner. The officer was unable to raise anyone by knocking on the door, but detected a strong odor of exhaust from within the residence. Officer Blake proceeded into the residence, discovering an unconscious male laying on the garage floor next to a running vehicle. Officer Blake pulled the unconscious male from the residence where he eventually regained consciousness and was later transported to an area hospital for evaluation. The fire department detected carbon monoxide levels well above hazardous levels in the residence. The incident was determined to be accidental.

The department is proud of the actions of Officer Blake and would like to remind everyone of the importance of having working carbon monoxide detectors in your residence.
Media release furnished by Bourne Police
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy