Video: Backyard chiminea sparks grass and structure fire

micahels ave 2

DENNIS PORT – Around 1:35 p.m. Sunday the Dennis Fire Department received the report of a possible structure fire on Michael’s Avenue. Further reports indicated that a grass fire had spread to a house.

Upon arrival crews found the backyard of 94 Michael’s Avenue on fire with flames creeping up the exterior of the house. The fire was quickly knocked down. Firefighters stripped some shingles from the corner of the house to check for extension.   The fire was declared out at 2 p.m.

1 michaels ave

According to reports at the scene, the homeowner stated the fire was caused by the use of a chiminea in the back yard. The flames were fanned by a brisk south wind.

There were no reported injuries.

Story, photos and video by Kevin Morley/CWN

Save

Save

Save

Speak Your Mind

*



CapeCod.com
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy