Updated: Hazmat crews called to Hampton Inn in Yarmouth

YARMOUTH – Hazardous Materials technicians were called to the Hampton Inn on Route 28 in Yarmouth sometime after 6:30 PM Saturday evening. According to reports, elevated levels of chlorine were found in the pool area. No injuries were reported.

Yarmouth Fire tells CWN that they responded to the Hampton Inn for an automatic fire alarm and discovered a sprinkler head let go in the pool pump/chemical room. The water reacted a little with stored chemicals and caused a concern when the department’s gas meter picked up a very small amount of hydrogen sulfide. Hazmat crews responded, tested and gave the fire department the OK to enter.

The sprinkler company called to replace head and maintenance called to clean up the room. It appears the sprinkler head corroded and let go.

737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy