UPDATED: House fire in Dennis



DENNIS
– Dennis Fire reports they received a call at 11:46 AM for reported structure fire at 44 Debbie Lane in South Dennis. Caller reported the whole bedroom was on fire. First crews on arrival found heavy fire and smoke from the building. Firefighters advanced hose lines to the interior of the house with an aggressive attack and opened up ceilings, walls and floors for fire whichhad extended. The fire was declared under control at 12:26 PM and caused heavy fire, heat and smoke damage to the house rendering it uninhabitable.

There was a female occupant at home at the time of the fire who was treated and transported by Dennis Fire Paramedics. Her current condition is considered life threatening but no more information is available at this time.

Dennis Fire received mutual aid at the fire scene from Yarmouth and Brewster, while Harwich covered both of their Dennis Stations.

It appears the fire was accidental, possibly caused by a candle in the bedroom.
Media release and photo furnished by Dennis Fire



CapeCod.com
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy