Electrical problem causes smoke in Yarmouth residence

YARMOUTH – Yarmouth Firefighters were called to Lakefield Street around 8:45 AM to investigate a smoking utility pole. Initial reports were that the wind blew something into the wires. An apparent surge caused smoke in a residence prompting an additional response. Eversource responded and cut power until repairs could be made. No injuries were reported. Further details were not immediately available.

737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy