Faulty oil burner causes smoke in Provincetown motel

– Provincetown Police report that at 5:30 Friday morning, Provincetown Firefighters were called to an automated fire alarm at the Cape Colony Inn at 280 Bradford Street On arrival were greeted with heavy smoke emanating from the chimney.

Smoke was also found in the building.

A fault in the oil burner was believed to be the cause. The heat was turned off while the company responded and firefighters ventilated the building and secured the scene in 58 minutes.

Fire Chief Mike Trovato had command at the scene
Material and photo from Provincetown Police used in this report

737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy