Fire breaks out at Hyannis restaurant


HYANNIS
– At 10:18 AM Thursday morning, the Hyannis Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire at DJ’ s Family Sport Pub at 165 Yarmouth Road. Upon arrival smoke was visible from the exhaust vents. The fire discovered in a Fryolator. Workers reportedly tried unsuccessfully to use fire extinguishers to put out the fire. Hyannis firefighters stretchered a hose line and extinguished the fire. The roof ventilation system was checked for any possible extension with negative results. The health dept was requested to the scene. The
State Fire Marshal’s officer was also notified as part of the investigation into the fire. It was not immediately known if the restaurant would be open for business.
Reporting and photos by John P. Carroll/CWN