Stubborn wood stove fire in Bourne

BOURNE – Bourne Firefighters were called to a reported chimney fire on Monument Neck Road around 3:30 PM Sunday afternoon. Upon arrival crews found a wood burning stove with a exhaust pipe running up the wall through the roof. Pipe was glowing red. A thermal imaging was used and temp was measured at over 1000° Fahrenheit. Luckily the fire was contained to the chimney pipe and had not spread. The wood stove was emptied of all burning material. Crews stayed on scene while fire burned itself out. There was no damage done to the home. Crews used the thermal imager on the roof to check for hot spots and none were noted. The house was ventilated to remove a trace amount of smoke.
Material from Bourne Firefighters used in this report.

Update: About 5:20 PM, firefighters were called back to the location to find smoke showing from the roof. Crews quickly advanced a line to the second floor to douse the apparent rekindle.
CWN will bring you further details as we get them.
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy