New details: Gas grill explosion damages house, injuries one in Centerville

CENTERVILLE – A gas grill reportedly exploded in Centerville shortly after 7 PM Sunday. Centerville-Osterville-Marstons Mills (COMM) firefighters rushed to a Laurel Avenue residence and found the fire had slightly extended to the house. Crews were able to quickly get the flames under control. One person at the residence was evaluated by EMTs.

COMM Fire tells Cape Wide News that on Sunday at 7:03 PM. they received a call for an outside grill fire that had extended to the home at 28 Laurel Avenue. Upon arrival units found a past gas grill fire that had extended to the home. the homeowner had successfully extinguished the fire using a garden hose. Fire had extended to exterior wall of the home, including a small portion of the deck, also causing a minor smoke condition inside the home. Fire personnel checked for any fire extension. The homeowner sustained injuries that were not life-threatening during the incident and was evaluated on scene before subsequently being transported to Cape Cod Hospital for treatment. Damage to the home is being assessed. Units were on scene for approximately 1.5 hours.
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy