Updated: Careless disposal of smoking materials cause of house fire in Centerville

CENTERVILLE – Centerville-Osterville-Marstons Mills (COMM) Fire reports they received a call from the occupant of 56 Cottonwood Lane reporting her house on fire. Upon arrival of the first COMM Fire units heavy smoke was pushing from both gable vents of the home and there was visible fire to the rear exterior of the house.

Firefighters made entry into the home and attacked the fire in the attic while additional fire crews extinguished the exterior fire and ventilated the roof from the aerial ladder. The fire was quickly knocked down and a search was completed for any possible trapped occupants.

Investigators determined disposal of smoking materials outside the home started the fire.

Crews from Hyannis, Barnstable, and West Barnstable assisted the COMM Fire Department. Mashpee and Cotuit provided station coverage during the fire.

Media release furnished by COMM Fire

Speak Your Mind


737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy