Kitchen fire in Centerville

CENTERVILLE – Fire broke out in the kitchen of a house in Centerville shortly after 6 PM. Centerville-Osterville-Marstons Mills (COMM) firefighters responded to 149 Coachman Lane and were able to quickly get the fire under control. Mutual aid covered the COMM stations while crews worked the scene. No injuries were reported.

Statement from COMM Fire: COMM FD received a call for a fire in a vent fan a kitchen stove extending into the cabinets. Car 321 arrived on location to find a small fire in the vent fan extending into the cabinets. A working fire was transmitted. E-306’s crew extinguished the fire using a fire extinguisher. A hose line was stretched while crews checked for extension. Damage was contained to the bottom of the cabinet and the wall behind the stove. House was ventilated of the smoke and turned back over to the owner.



CapeCod.com
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy