Two treated after carbon monoxide incident in Wellfleet

WELLFLEET– Two People were evaluated for exposure to carbon monoxide in Wellfleet shortly after noon. The incident happened at a residence on Herring River Road. According to reports, gas powered machinery was being used in an area that was not adqueately vented. One of the victims was taken to Cape Cod Hospital. Firefighters ventilated the structure. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless potentially lethal gas. During this fire prevention week, officials are stressing the need to have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your residential and business structures. It was not immediately clear if this residence had co detectors.



CapeCod.com
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy