Video: Bathroom fire in Provincetown

pt062616a (4)
– Firefighters were called to the Pepe’s complex at 371 Commercial Street at the foot of Johnson Street about 6:30 p.m. Sunday evening. An alarm system alerted crews to a fire in a bathroom in a building housing several stores and apartments. While the alarm system allowed for early detection of the fire, the decision to keep the bathroom door closed kept the fire oxygen starved until firefighters could gear up and deploy a hoseline. As the video below shows, a quick shot of water directed at the ceiling promptly put out the fire and limited damage to the trash can that the fire started in. No injuries were reported.

Photo and video by Tim Caldwell/CWN

Speak Your Mind

737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy