UPDATE: Fire Breaks Out at Cape Cod Times Offices in Hyannis

HYANNIS- Fire broke out at the Cape Cod Times Newspaper office at 331 Main Street in Hyannis around 8:30 this morning.

Firefighters responding to a sprinkler activation alarm discovered smoke in the building.

CCB Media News Center affiliate Cape Wide News is confirming that an office chair inside the building caught fire, thus causing heavy smoke to fill the structure. Original reports suggested by sources indicated that a desk had caused the incident.

Officials say that the sprinklers inside were able to control the fire and no injuries were reported.

No word yet on how the chair was set ablaze. Barnstable Fire crews are investigating.


About CapeCod.com NewsCenter

The award-winning CapeCod.com NewsCenter provides the Cape Cod community with a constant, credible source for local news. We are on the job seven days a week.

737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy