Dryer Catches Fire in Sagamore Home

fire department patchSAGAMORE – The Bourne Fire Department put out a dryer fire Friday night at a Hilltop Drive home.

The residents of the home noticed the machine caught fire and notified the fire department at 8:30 p.m.

Crews arrived to find the home filled with light smoke and the utility room where the dryer was located was filled with moderate smoke.

According to Deputy Chief Dana Dupuis, firefighters carried the dryer into the front yard of the residence and extinguished the fire quickly after arrival.

The fire was contained to the dryer.

Crews remained on scene ventilating the home from smoke until just after 10 p.m.

Dupuis said that dryers are tough to keep clean but lint traps should frequently be emptied and smoke detectors should be checked to make sure they are working.



737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy