Fatal Fire in Hyannis Due to Child Playing With Lighter

fire department patchHYANNIS –  The cause of the fire that killed eight year old Savvis Yianasmidis on Monday was apparently a child playing with a lighter in a shed.

Three eight year olds were in the shed when the blaze broke out at 252 Hinckley road in Hyannis at about 5:30.

According to the Cape and Islands District Attorney’s office, there were also indications that gasoline was being stored in the shed, the other two children were not hurt.

737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy