Hyannis Apartment Fire Displaces 3 Residents

Hyannis Fire Station.

Hyannis Fire Station.

HYANNIS – An apartment fire in Hyannis has displaced three residents this evening.

Hyannis fire crews responded to a second floor apartment at 241 Stevens Street just after 5:30 p.m.

Crews arrived to find heavy smoke and fire, which started when grease ignited while one of the residents was cooking.

The fire was extinguished in about 15 minutes according to Hyannis Fire Captain Bill Rex.

The three residents were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

Rex said the fire caused approximately $50,000 worth of damage.

The Red Cross is helping to find shelter for the three people living in the apartment until repairs can be made to the property.

Crews were on scene for about two hours.

737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy