Mattress Fire Causes Damage in Hyannis Lodging Home

fire department patchHYANNIS- Hyannis fire crews were on the scene of a fire at a lodging house at 18 Quaker Road last night.

Around 11:15 p.m., a mattress inside unit five caught fire, causing heat and smoke damage on the first floor.

All the tenants of the six unit building evacuated, and when fire units arrived on scene, they were able to put out the fire in a few minutes and ventilate the smoke.

The tenants eventually returned to their units, except for the tenants in unit five, where the fire started.

Fire officials say there was about $10-15,000 in damage to the unit.

There were no injuries and the fire is currently under investigation.
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy