Overheated Fan Causes Smoke Condition at Sandwich Museum

Heritage Car exhibit from media kit_Auto Gallery buildingSANDWICH –  Sandwich firefighters responded to Heritage Museums and Gardens Friday morning for reports of smoke in one of their buildings.

Crews arrived around 8:30 a.m. at 67 Grove St. and found smoke coming from an old barn on the property used for storage.

Heritage spokesperson Amy Dean said a vent fan overheated and caused some wood to smolder.

She said firefighters removed the fan and vented the smoke.

There were no injuries and Heritage was expected to be open as usual Friday afternoon.

About CapeCod.com NewsCenter

The award-winning CapeCod.com NewsCenter provides the Cape Cod community with a constant, credible source for local, regional, and national news. We are on the job seven days a week. You can also hear the CapeCod.com NewsCenter by tuning into Ocean 104.7 FM.

Speak Your Mind

*


More From CapeCod.com