Pocasset Man Injured in Propane Fire

gas grillPOCASSET – Two fires sparked by grills broke out in Bourne over the weekend.

On Saturday afternoon, Bourne fire responded to a grill fire on Wing Road at about 2:30. then, about 15 minutes later, a second call came in on midway road for another grill fire on Midway Road.

The first fire resulted in a man suffering from non-life  threatening burns taken to Falmouth Hospital.


Bourne Fire Chief Martin Greene said there are some simple precautions that should be used around grills, including not allowing children near them and keeping them away from homes. State laws also prohibit grills on second floor decks of homes.

Greene also suggested thoroughly cleaning gas grills prior to use. Greene said to be sure the grill is on a stable flat platform and never use a grill indoors.

737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy