Police Arrest One More on Shanghai Drug Case


Jeremiah Anderson

HYANNIS – Another man has been arrested in the Barnstable Street Crime Unit’s major investigation into alleged drug dealing at the Shanghai Restaurant on Ridgewood Avenue in Hyannis.

During the last three months, the Barnstable Street Crime Unit conducted an investigation into the distribution of heroin and cocaine from inside the restaurant.

Police say the investigation revealed that numerous people involved in narcotics distribution of narcotics in and around Hyannis were frequenting the Shanghai restaurant. Police say the drug sales many times were very blatant and out in the open.

According to police, officers with the Street Crimes Unit made 11 narcotics purchases inside the resturant involving eight people.

On December 9, police obtained arrest warrants and a multi-jurisdiction arrest team comprised of the Barnstable Police Department, Mashpee Police Department, Yarmouth Police Department, Mass State Police, and Barnstable County Sheriff’s Department responded to the Shanghai restaurant in an attempt to locate the suspects.

One of those suspects was Jeremiah Q. Anderson, 37, of Hyannis. He had been arrested and charged with trafficking cocaine 18-36 grams on September 11 by the Barnstable Police Department Narcotics Unit. He was released after posting a cash bail. He also has two separate convictions in Barnstable Superior Court for narcotics distribution offenses from June 1997 and February 2010. He is currently also on Barnstable Superior Court probation for one of those convictions.

He was not located at the Shanghai on December 19 and attempts to locate him afterwards were unsuccessful.

He had a court date scheduled for December 23 relating to his September 11 drug arrest. Members of the Barnstable Street Crime Unit set up surveillance in the court house parking lot.

When he arrived for court, he was arrested on the outstanding warrant from the Shanghai investigation. He is charged with three counts of distribution class B/cocaine subsequent offense.

He was arraigned in Barnstable District Court and held on $20,000 cash bail relating to the Shanghai charges. He had his bail revoked in the September 2104 trafficking case and will be held without bail on those charges.

The Shanghai investigation is ongoing and more arrests are expected.

737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy