Spacey Accuser Says He Can’t Find Phone

 

NANTUCKET, Mass. (AP) — An attorney for a man who has accused Kevin Spacey of groping him at a Nantucket bar says the man cannot find a cellphone he has been ordered to turn over to the defense.

Nantucket District Judge Thomas Barrett earlier this month ordered Spacey’s accuser to provide to state police by Friday the cellphone the accuser used at the time of the alleged groping.

Spacey’s lawyers want to try to recover text messages they say would help the actor’s case.

Attorney Mitchell Garabedian said in court documents filed Wednesday that neither Spacey’s accuser nor his parents have been able to find the phone. Garabedian says they’re using an expert to search for backups of the phone.

The judge is giving them until July 8 to look for phone.

About Rob Woodard

Rob Woodard has been reporting on news for the CapeCod.com NewsCenter for five years. Listen to his news reporting on 99.9 the Q, Ocean 104.7, Cape Country 104, Cape Classical 107.5 and here on CapeCod.com.



CapeCod.com
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy