Fire breaks out at Cape Cod Times office in Hyannis

HYANNIS– Fire broke out at the Cape Cod Times newspaper office at 331 Main Street in Hyannis around 8:30 AM Saturday. Firefighters responding to a sprinkler activation alarm discovered smoke in the building. The sprinklers controlled the fire and no injuries were reported. The fire was confined to an office chair but smoke filled the building and had to be ventilated. The newspaper later reported an exploding laptop battery was to blame for starting the fire.

Photos by John P. Carroll/CWN



CapeCod.com
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy