HYANNIS – Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital are in need of blood donations and a number of blood drives will be held across the Cape throughout November.
Both hospitals must have at least one week’s worth of blood on hand at all times.
Constance Patten, Director of the Cape Cod Healthcare Blood Center, said it is a constant challenge to maintain a sufficient supply because each unit collected of purchased only lasts between 35 and 42 days.
All blood collected during Cape Cod Healthcare blood drives stays on Cape Cod.
Here is a list of November blood drives:
- November 4: 12 noon to 6 p.m., Sandwich Chamber of Commerce Blood Drive at Stoneman Outpatient Center, 2 Jan Sebastian Way in Sandwich.
- November 5: 12 noon to 6 p.m., Our Lady of Victory, 230 Main Street, Centerville.
- November 6: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Veterans Memorial Community Center, 2 Mayflower Street, Provincetown.
- November 11: 12 noon to 6 p.m., Marine Masonic Lodge at John Wesley Church, 270 Gifford Street, Falmouth.
- November 14: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Cape Cod Hospital, Lorusso Conference Room, Hyannis.
- November 19: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Yarmouth Community Blood Drive at the Yarmouth Moose Lodge, 769 Route 28 in South Yarmouth.
- November 21: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Barnstable County Sheriff’s Department, 6000 Sheriff Place, Bourne.
- November 25: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Woods Hole Science Aquarium, 166 Water Street, Woods Hole.