FALMOUTH – Ten local organizations have received funding from the Falmouth Road Race as part of the organization’s semi-annual grant program.
The Road Race handed out nearly $214,000 in this series of grants to a variety of causes.
Among the organizations receiving funding were Falmouth Youth Hockey, the Falmouth Chamber of Commerce, and the Falmouth High School girls softball team.
The grant program was established as a way for Falmouth Road Race, Inc. to give back to the community for its help and support. Each year, Falmouth residents and organizations provide hours of volunteering for the New Balance Falmouth Road Race, an event for both elite and recreational runners, as well as for the Falmouth Mile , the SBLI Family Fun Run, and the Health & Fitness Expo.
“We’re pleased and proud to distribute another round of grants in line with our mission to support our local community,” said Scott Ghelfi, president of Falmouth Road Race, Inc. “As the holidays approach, the timing is perfect to give over $200,000 for projects that will benefit so many people in so many ways.”
Grants were awarded to the following groups:
- Around the Table (food vouchers)
- ArtsFalmouth (Arts Alive and JazzFest Falmouth)
- Falmouth Chamber of Commerce (Holidays by the Sea Weekend)
- Falmouth High School Girls’ Softball (uniforms for varsity and junior varsity teams)
- Falmouth Track Club (Main Street Mile Finishers’ Medals)
- Falmouth Skatepark Association (new skateboarding park)
- Falmouth Youth Hockey League (equipment and coaching supplies)
- Falmouth Community Television (contribution toward a mobile production vehicle)
- Upper Cape Spartans (field rental, paint, and supplies)
- Well Grounded, through Falmouth Together We Can (materials to help restore greenhouse at FHS)
In addition to the grants, the seven members of the Falmouth Road Race, Inc. Board of Directors have each been allocated $10,000 in directed-giving funds to a local organization of their choice, with another $5,000 earmarked for a donation to a local group chosen by vote of the race staff.
Applications for the next round of grants will be solicited in the spring. .