Electrical problem sparks small fire on outside of Harwich home

– Just before 10 p.m. on Friday, the Harwich Fire Department responded to 101 Parallel Street for a reported house fire.

The occupants were watching TV when they noticed lights flickering and flashing outside. When they went outside to investigate the house was burning in the area of the electrical service.

The Fire Department requested Eversource to secure the power and then checked for fire extension inside the house. Once the power was secured, personnel removed the burning trim and wet down the area.

Media release and photo furnished by Harwich Fire

Speak Your Mind


737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy