New details: Faulty electrical service sparks fire on outside of Barnstable house

– A contractor’s error reportedly sparked a fire that damaged the outside of a home in Barnstable sometime after 10 AM Tuesday morning. According to reports, the worker was drilling a hole and apparently hit the service drop. luckily the worker was not injured. Firefighters checked to make sure the fire hadn’t spread inside the building at 1379 Hyannis-Barnstable Road. Eversource was called to cut the power until repairs could be made.
Top photos by John P. Carroll/CWN. Photo below was sent in by Bill the homeowner:
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy