UPDATED: Smoky dryer fire damages Sagamore Beach condo

Photo by Bourne Firefighters/CWN

– At approx 7 PM Thursday evening Bourne Fire was notified of a possible structure fire that resulted from a dryer that had caught fire.

E121 and C143 out of Sagamore station arrived on scene to find occupant had self evacuated. This building was a multi unit apartment complex. A 1st Alarm assignment was issued due to the size and complexity of the building. This also brought additional manpower to the scene with T126, E123. Our stations were back filled with mutual aid.

Due to station 3 crew being in quarters they were able to respond , quickly deploy hose lines, find the fire and extinguish it with damage limited to the bathroom. Only effect on other units was some residual smoke. Dryer and stacked laundry were removed from the residence.

Bourne Fire thanks to Plymouth Fire dept and surrounding towns for covering their stations.

737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy