Fire Displaces Harwich Residents

harwich fireHARWICH – A number of Harwich residents have been displaced after a kitchen fire in a Sisson Road apartment early this morning.

Harwich fire crews responded to the four-unit apartment building just after midnight after a sprinkler system alarm was triggered and reports of smoke by a resident.

When crews arrived the fire had already been put out by one of the people living in the apartment.

The heat generated was still enough to trigger the sprinkler system which had to be shut down by fire crews.

A fire official said the fire was caused by a stove top being left on.

All occupants of the building were evacuated safely and have been displaced.

One resident was evaluated for injuries but was not taken to the hospital.

Moderate damage was suffered by two of the four apartments and the Red Cross is assisting several of the residents with temporary shelter.
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy