Mashpee Blaze Kills Two Cats

fire department patchMASHPEE – Fire crews responded last night to a residential blaze in Mashpee that killed two cats.

The Mashpee Fire Department received a call just before 10 p.m. reporting a fire at 17 Degrass Road.

Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the home according to Cap. Joe Fellows.

Fellows said the fire started as a result of a stove top that was left on and unattended.

The resident told fire officials that he was alerted to the fire from smoke alarms in the home going off.

Fellows said that the resident was awake at the time and did not suffer any injuries.

The fire was knocked down by 10:15 p.m. and crews remained on scene until 1:15 a.m.

Centerville-Osterville, Cotuit, Sandwich and Joint Base Cape Cod crews assisted the Mashpee Fire Department.

Fellows believes the home sustained roughly $50,000 to $60,000 worth of damage.

The residence was a wood frame, ranch style home.
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy