Dryer fire inside Upper Cape Tech school

BOURNE – Firefighters were called to the Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School on Sandwich Road about 9:10 p.m. Crews responding to an alarm activation discovered a commercial dryer fully involved in the rear of the school. Personnel still on location in the building were safely evacuated. The fire was quickly knocked down. The fire is believed to be accidental, the result of kitchen rags catching fire in the dryer. Damage is estimated at $5.000. School will be in session as scheduled on Wednesday. Earlier, firefighters had been called to the school twice, once for an odor of gas traced to a kitchen stove where a pilot light had gone out, again for a medical incident.

Speak Your Mind


737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy