Updated: Firefighters respond to basement fire in Orleans

ORLEANS – From Orleans Fire-Rescue: At 9:50 Friday morning the Orleans Fire-Rescue Department received a call on our business line reporting a basement fire at home on Champlain Road.

On arrival of Chief Deering, smoke was showing from a basement bulkhead and on the first floor of the home. A working fire was called for bringing additional resources from neighboring departments to the scene.

The crew of Engine 175 was able to advance a hose line into the basement and extinguish the fire before it could spread to the first floor. Companies remained on scene to ensure no further fire extension and ventilate smoke.

The cause of the fire is an electrical malfunction. There were no injuries.

737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy