Woman escapes serious injury after cellphone battery explodes at Harwich nursing home

Jake O’Callaghan/CWN

HARWICH – A woman was taken to Cape Cod Hospital after a cellphone battery reportedly exploded causing some minor burns to her hand. It happened about 7 PM at the Wingate of Harwich nursing home on Headwaters Drive. According to reports, the resulting fire was quickly put out. Further details were not immediately available.

737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy