Yarmouth Police Perform ‘Christmas Miracles’ Thanks to $5,000 Anonymous Donation

YARMOUTH – Yarmouth Police were able to perform several “Christmas Miracles” last week thanks to a $5,000 donation from an anonymous Yarmouth resident.

The story actually begins several days ago when the YPD shared a powerful and emotional video which showed police officers in Missouri performing Random Acts of Kindness.

They gave out $100 bills to people they met in the community thanks to a generous donation from an anonymous Secret Santa who wanted to help people and police officers reconnect.

Yarmouth Police shared the video and asked if there was someone out there who could be their own special Secret Santa and help them perform their own Random Acts of Kindness in Yarmouth.

Within 24 hours of some strong hoping and praying, a local person responded.

On Thursday morning, the person came in and met with Yarmouth officers at roll call. The person explained how grateful they were to live in Yarmouth and how thankful they were of the YPD.

The person shared some personal stories of loss and sacrifice and at the end, handed them $5,000 in cash and asked us to go out and do what we do best.

And that’s what they did.

In 24 hours, Yarmouth Police Officers in uniform and in plainclothes saturated the streets and conducted traffic stops for minor violations and made random visits to our local supermarkets, businesses, dog parks, homeless areas, food pantries, and childcare centers and handed out $50 bills to people we met.

The reactions of the people were priceless. Some thought they were in trouble, some thought the $50 bills were not real, some when they realized what was happening broke down and cried.

But officials said everyone left with a hug, a pat on the back, and a big smile.

Their last encounter of the day was at a local childcare center. There were no parents present so the police officers privately spoke with the people in charge and asked if they knew of any families who needed some help.

The staff said there were two children who were going to be forced to stop coming because their parents could no longer afford to pay the monthly fee. The people in charge were waiting until after Christmas to tell the children they could not come back.

The officers then handed the people in charge their last $350 of the day and paid the monthly fees in full for both families.


737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy