Barnstable Fire Crews Respond To Electrical Fire

fireBARNSTABLE- Fire crews in Barnstable were called to a home on Salten Pond Road last night after there were reports of an electrical fire.

When firefighters arrived on scene around 8:30 p.m., the homeowner had the fire mostly knocked down by using a garden hose on the basement room where the fire started.

Fire units then took out the furniture and ventilated the home of smoke.

Firefighters say the fire started after an over-heated lamp and cord fell onto a nearby chair and run and caught fire.

The homeowner was not at the residence when the fire started, but came home and found it.

Fire crews were on scene for about an hour to cleanup and investigate.

There were no injuries.
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy