Fire Closes Hyannis Burger King

rescue fireHYANNIS- The Hyannis Fire Department says a fire started in the grease duct caused the Burger King on North Street to close yesterday.

A firefighter in the area saw smoke coming from the restaurant’s rooftop ventilating system and contacted fire crews to respond to the scene.

After the business was evacuated, firefighters located the fire, quickly extinguished it and shut off the electrical system.

The fire was believed to have been caused by a buildup of grease in the exhaust fans.

Burger King closed to the public after the fire and fire officials say there is around $25,000 in damage.

Clean up and repair crews began working this morning on the restaurant, where they are expected to make repairs to the hood system, clean up, and dispose of food products.
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Contact Us | Advertise Terms of Use 
Employment and EEO | Privacy